Friday, October 17, 2008

Hannah McCay

Hard to believe that Hannah will be six years old tomorrow!

Tomorrow will be a special day filled with lots and lots of pink, and friends, and family! She has already requested a date with Daddy to Waffle House for breakfast, and they have to sit at the counter. Tonight we decorate; she has been quite concerned that the decorations are not in place, but I was hoping to surprise her....not my little party planner, she wants to make sure everything is perfect! I am so proud!

This morning while everyone else in the house was asleep, we had quality time together baking cookies for her birthday celebration at school. She was very clear that she wanted sugar cookies, and chocolate chip to make sure there was a choice. Another important piece was that everyone should be able to have two cookies. Happy to report that our baking was a success and there will be lots of cookies for everyone! She has been looking forward to this celebration since her first day of school back in February. Frequently over the past months we have had talks about what would happen on her celebration day. Just as we have been counting down the days to her birthday she has been counting the days to her celebration!

While the cookies baked we had a chance to sit and look over pictures that she was taking to school to make a timeline. I printed photos from when she four months up until our trip to the beach a couple weeks ago. She has grown into such a sweet and loving child over the past six years, and she is still as beautiful as the day she was born. I am looking forward to watching as she learns and grows even more in this next year.

I love you Hannah Miss-a-kay!

No comments: